I am not feeling so hot today. My digestive system is making itself noticed, and I am not loving it.
Perhaps it is because of the cashew craze I had yesterday. I seem to have replaced sugar and processed snacks with cashews. Not good. So, today is a new day, and I am determined to do better. I am putting all cashews on lockdown. If you can't control how much you eat of something, don't even start eating it. That is my motto for the day.
I have another delicious recipe to share with you. It makes a great snack before a workout or a couple muffins make a great breakfast! Enjoy!
Ready in 40 minutes • Makes 12 servings
- Oil spray
- 4 scallions or any onions, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 red pepper, minced
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 11 eggs
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Dash sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 12-muffin tin with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Combine vegetables in a big bowl. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full with vegetables.
- Whisk eggs and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a 1/3-cup measuring cup to scoop egg mixture and pour slowly into each muffin tin. Egg mixture should fill tin the rest of the way. Bake 30 minutes or until muffins have risen and are slightly browned.